Thursday, January 25, 2007

Home today....

So, today I am home with a sick little girl. Not much to do, but surf the internet. Actually, it started out last Saturday when we thought she had a cold sore. Two right next to each other and it looked pretty bad. We started treating it with Campho Phenique, but it just was not getting any better. Then last night we noticed she had a rash like thing developing around her whole mouth and we decided we'd better take her to the doctor. We found out she had Impetigo(sp?). I'd heard of it, but I didn't really know what it was. It can be either a staph infection or a strep infection. Yikes! Anyway, not serious, just needs a round of antibiotics. Unfortunately she is contagious, so we can't send her to school. Of course, up until today she had been in school! I just hope no one else got it. I feel so bad. She's pretty miserable too. She looks pretty bad actually and it's really itchy. Poor thing...
Doesn't help that I've been really busy with year end stuff and can't be at work today. If I had known I was going to be home for the next two days I would have taken some work home. It's a really bad time, but that's the way it is with kids.
Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of that before. I hope she's feeling better soon!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home