Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #19



Thirteen things I collect or have collected

1. Stamps - Well, I don't really anymore. They just sit in a closet. Some of them are so beautiful though that I have often thought of framing them.
2. Napkins - Not just any old napkin, but printed paper napkins. I loved doing this as a child, but I still collect them when I see a really pretty one.
3. Boxes - Decorative boxes basically.
4. Nancy Drew Books - I have the whole original set, but I'm trying to replace the newer ones with older editions.
5. Stationary - Not on purpose, I just have a real weakness for it. It's not like I even write a lot of letters!
6. Yarn - Another one that is not on purpose. I LOVE to crochet, so I am constantly buying yarn for "future" projects. I have a real weakness for that too!
7. Postcards - I love when people send me postcards from their vacations. I get to take a little mini trip when I get one.
8. Flamingos - Anything with a flamingo on it. It started out as a joke in college because I thought they were so tacky, now I love them for their tackiness.
9. Dolphins - Just kuz I love them.
10. Earrings - I just buy and buy them. I am so addicted to them.
11. Ribbons - I really don't know why. I really like ribbon I guess.
12. Wrapping supplies in general - I love to wrap gifts and I hoard all the cool paper, ribbons, bows, tissue and boxes I can find. My dream is to have a wrapping room.
13. Dirt - I know this sounds weird. This is from my childhood. I don't collect it anymore. As a child I felt sorry for dirt because everyone hated it so much that I decided to collect it in little baggies and write down where it came from. No one ever said I was normal.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


View More Thursday Thirteen Participants


8 Comments:

Blogger Caylynn said...

Cool list! Some interesting past and present collections. :) I used to collect stamps as a child.

Happy T13. :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Great list.
We have some hobbies in common.
Have a wonderful Thursday
My TT is posted

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you on the stationary. I have pile of scraps. Dh looks at me like I'm nuts but hey you never know when you need to write down something important. You know like pick the kids up from school!

Sasha
www.gabriellahewitt.com
Excitement.Suspense. Passion

Dark Water -- Samhain Publishing; Fall 2007

11:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hehehe, I've never heard of anyone collecting dirt... well, as long as you don't count rocks and what not :)

I collected post cards for a while and I've got a book of them... :)

Great idea for a list. I really enjoyed reading your collectables :D

1:20 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I did collect stamps but that was way back my teens. Now I don't and don't even know where my collections are. Postcard I still do.
Thanks for passing by.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Ha. I collect dirt, but not on purpose. ;) I also collect Classic Winnie the Pooh stuff.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Dane Bramage said...

Great list. I used to collect comic books. I got out of that in my late twenties. Thanks for stopping by my T13.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Aah, a kindred spirit! My husband always says I collect collections> ;-) About postcards: would you like one from The Netherlands? Look here: http://tinkerbell.nl.googlepages.com/bloggers and let me know if you are interested.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home