Friday, January 05, 2007

Yup....more snow

********Please scroll down for Friday Feast********


Okay now I'm really getting tired of this. Can Mother Nature PLEASE just let the snow from the past two storms melt before we get slammed with another one?!?!?!?
This leads me to a funny story. Well, it'll be funny in a year or two...not so funny now actually.
I am a huge snow lover. I love winter and everything that goes along with it. My husband...not so much. He hates shoveling and now that we own this building the parking lot has to be cleared and he hates the idea of paying someone to do something he *thinks* he can do himself. Ha!
Well, about a month ago he comes walking into my office at the store with a big grin on his face. We had just had a small snow storm a week earlier and he was just so happy to declare that there would be no more snow for the winter until early spring. He had just read an article in the newspaper that stated there would likely be no more snow for Colorado for the rest of the winter because of the Arrival of El Nino. Yeah...right. I was devastated at the time. I always hope for a white Christmas. I just did not want another warm winter! Well, unfortunately for all of us the forecasters were very wrong. I NEVER asked for this much though so don't blame me. I get enough dirty looks from my husband while I'm watching him outside using the snow blower. We are on our 4Th snow storm in a month with two of them being really bad and this one looking like it will get there as well.
Can I just hunt down these forecasters that always think they are so smart and just slap them around for awhile? Is that too much to ask?
Apparently we moved to Alaska and no one told us.
Cheers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind taking some of it off you hands! LOL!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think you guys are the ONLY part of the U.S. getting any snow this year... it's all going there. I leave Louisiana for upstate New York for one week out of each year to see snow... is that too much to ask? Apparently so.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home