Monday, May 21, 2007

How weird...

Just last week I was reading a blog entry over at Green Apple Martini. She was complaining about the lack of service from the service department at Sears. She had a broken latch on her oven that was turning into a nightmare. Well, fast forward to this past Thursday and a nice big crack in my cooktop appeared on my new Kenmore stove from Sears. We didn't drop anything on it either. I was cooking dinner and was letting the sauce thicken while I sat in the living room talking to my husband. We heard this very strange sound come from the kitchen, but when we went in we couldn't find anything. I forgot about it and served dinner. The next night we were about to start dinner and then we saw it. A huge crack right across the center. We realized that was probably the sound we heard the night before. We decided it probably wasn't a good idea to use it and went out to dinner. I called Sears the next day they said not to use it and they promised that someone would be out on Monday between 1pm and 5pm to fix it. All weekend we had to get more creative with the microwave and toaster oven. I was off on Monday, so instead of doing my usual errands and I sat at home. I sat here all freaking day until about 4:45 when I get a call from a Sears guy. He says he's not coming, but he'll order the part. He's sure he knows the right one to get. Huh?!?!? It should be in "soon". I ask how "soon", since we can't cook very easily without a stove. Well...maybe a few days he says. Apparently it will be delivered directly to our house. When it arrives I have to call and set up another service call. He says maybe about 2 weeks or so. WHAT?!?!?!? Couldn't they have just told me this when I called on Friday and ordered the replacement then? "Sorry, ma'am...we'll get it done as soon as possible." I told him it needed to be quicker, that this was not our fault and it's still under warranty. He said he'd put a "rush" on it. Yeah...right. I have a feeling I'll be going through the same thing HDW has been for the last few weeks.
Ugh...

4 Comments:

Blogger Howard said...

I just made sure HDW knew about your woes. :)

11:35 AM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

OH NO!!!!

I bet you anything it's the same moron I have been dealing with! Start making noises now, man. If you want the name of the guy I used who actually took care of things (an honors any warranty you have), let me know. I'd recommend him in a heart beat.

hotdoctorwife at yahoo dot com

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't bought an appliance from Sears in a long time and I don't think I will any time soon! Hope everything gets fixed soon!

12:25 AM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

How did everything turn out?? I ended up making a huge stink with the Better Business Bureau, and some paper pusher from Sears called, apologized, and didn't charge us for anything.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home