Thursday, April 19, 2007

Virginia Tech & Kids

Like everyone else I've been consumed by the information coming out of Virginia this week. My heart and prayers go out to all of the victims families and the killers family as well.
Hubby left for a conference in Cleveland on Monday morning and just came back today. He knew what had happened, but he was so busy with the conference that he missed most of it and is just catching up now. The reason I bring that up is because I was left trying to explain this to my daughter. She was off from school on Monday and I was watching it all play out on the news. She was in the other room, so I thought she wasn't paying attention or I wouldn't have been watching. Anyway, she heard a lot of it and starting asking questions. What do you say to a 5 year old when she asks why? No one will ever really know why. We teach her that there is never a reason to hurt any living things. She is an extremely gentle hearted soul for which we are very grateful and she is taking this badly. They have talked about it in her school, but she just doesn't understand why someone would hurt all of those people. She insists that there has to be a reason. She makes me feel like I am her age sometimes because I think we all want a reason. She's in an age where she is full of questions and we can usually hunt down the answer if we don't happen to know it, but what do you do with this one?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kailani said...

My daughter has also been asking a lot of questions about dying lately. I'm not sure why. I try to explain it the best I can but she still doesn't really understand.

Kailani
An Island Life

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home