Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bad bad blogger!

I am a bad blogger. I have neglected the blogging world for a week now, but I do have an excuse. Many excuses actually. Would you like me to list them? Nah...I'll just tell ya!

Taxes due, taxes dues and taxes due! So many more papers to file when you own multiple businesses and properties. Sometimes I just wish my husband and I had normal jobs...you do your work, you get a paycheck and you go home. I miss those days. There is just way too much to worry about this way. I'd probably go back in a heartbeat, but Hubby wouldn't. He's an entrepreneur at heart. Did I spell that right?...who cares?

Been sorta sick for a couple of days now. Not full on sick where you have to go to the doctor...just enough to make you generally miserable. On top of that I've been suffering from the whole allergy crap too. Just yucky.

Doing lots of research on what school to send our daughter to next year. We are keeping her in Montessori for kindergarten, but we have to be prepared for first grade. What happened to the old days where you just sent your kid to the neighborhood school? I guess there are still some that do that of course, but our local school has a bad reputation, so we are looking into private options. Her teacher wants her tested for the gifted program, so we'll see what happens with that first. Oy!

With taxes being due it made me re access my business. That's taking most of my time. One of my the sites I list our books through online raised their prices, so it made me stop and think about how I could save money in other areas to compensate. With the Post Office raising their shipping charges by some 40 cents in May that has to be taken into consideration as well. Customers DO NOT like paying more for shipping then they do for the book. They don't seem to understand that it's the Post Office they should be yelling at not us.

Ah well...that's some of the many things keeping me from blogging lately. I am SO behind on reading blogs too! Hopefully, I can get back to a normal life next week.
Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally understand the school situation. Our elementary school is really good here but the middle and high school are considered low performing. I'm not sure what we're doing yet.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home