Sunday, December 10, 2006

Time for Christmas Tree decorating


Today we put the tree up and decorated it. This was my daughter's first time really helping and she did most of it. She kept putting them all in the same place so I had to encourage her to spread the love. In the end I think she did a great job!
Since our family is of mixed religions later this week we will decorate the dining room with Hanukkah stuff. Unfortunately there is not much in the way of decorations available. We like to keep the dining room just for that since that is where we light the menorah. This way we can try to help our daughter understand that they are not the same holiday. It can be tough when it falls over Christmas, but we make do. We keep all celebration completely separate.
In case you are wondering, my whole family is Danish and in Denmark we put the Danish flag on our Christmas trees. There is an American one in there as well, but you can't see it in the pic. This is a typical Danish tree like the ones I grew up with.
Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

It is a beautiful tree.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

That's a lovely Christmas tree!

Rach

9:36 AM  
Blogger Sunflower said...

Very nice feast!

My first feast is up. Go cheer on me!

Happy Holidays!

Sunflower

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home