Sunday, December 03, 2006

Holiday Party thoughts

So last night we had our annual holiday party. We have done this almost every year since we got married. Every year our guests behaviour bewilders me. Just when I think I have it all figured out they go and surprise me. I always make quite a large spread of food because I hate parties where all they serve are some chips and dip. Pretty much the same people come each year with some new ones sprinkled in now and then, so it follows that they would have the same habits from year to year. Doesn't it? Nope. Not at all. Every year the food habits change. What goes like hot cakes one year sits and goes untouched another. I just don't get it. For many years I have made my "famous" guacamole that everyone has always raved about. It's always disappeared quickly. Last night it barely got touched. How come? It's the exact same recipe. No changes. Same with the mini quiches. It's just weird.
Usually I have to fight to get into the kitchen, last night not one person spent any time in there. There were a lot of people that came and everyone seemed to have a good time. Normally our holiday party lasts to well after midnight, but last night everyone was gone by midnight. Granted it has been snowing a lot lately and the roads are pretty icy, so I can understand that I guess.
Oh well, the thrills and chills of throwing a party.
Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your guests thanked you for putting together a wonderful party. I have no idea what makes people do one thing one day and another thing on another day.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home