Monday, December 04, 2006

crappy day....

I thought today was my final big dentist appointment. I was told it would be about two hours to put in the caps on the three implants I got earlier. I was also supposed to get a little filling. I don't like going to the dentist and I did not sleep well last night. It was all I could think about. I went prepared. I even brought 2 movies ("Meet the Parents" and "Down with Love") instead of one in case for some reason one did not work or something. I know they have DVDs there, but I get really nervous.
They called at 8 a.m. this morning. They wanted to change my appt. to 9 a.m. I have severe OCD when it comes to dentists/doctors. It's really hard to control my compulsions and I have to prepare and work myself up to go. I cannot under any circumstances change it. I know that's crazy, but I really can't do it without being a complete basket case.
I promptly appeared at 11 a.m. after making a very lame excuse. After that everything started going badly. Instead of two hours I was there for more than four. Thank goodness for the extra movie! More Novocaine shots than I care to remember. Only one cap was put in instead of three and the filling was not done. The other caps were messed up and need to be redone.
In two weeks we will try again. Just when I think my two year nightmare is over it gets dragged out even longer. I admire anyone that can go to the dentist without a thought.
Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home