Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #14



My Thirteen Favorite Christmas movies/specials in no particular order


1. White Christmas (1954)
2. Miracle on 34th Street (1994) & (1947)
3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)
4. Home Alone (1990)
5. Elf (2003)
6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
7. The Santa Clause (1994)
8. Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (1970)
9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966)
10. Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)
11. The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974)
12. Frosty the Snowman (1969)
13. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

Now I know people are going to scream that "A Christmas Story", "It's a Wonderful Life" etc. are not listed, but they are not my top 13 favorites that I look forward to every year. Sue me.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


View More Thursday Thirteen Participants


13 Comments:

Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

There are so many wonderful Christmasy movies. One of my favorites is Love Actually. I think my reasons have to do with eye candy though.

Oh and you just gotta love the Grinch. The 66 version :)

8:36 PM  
Blogger Tug said...

I have not seen one Christmas movie yet this season...WATCH OUT WEEKEND!!

Great list - Happy TT!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Hen Jen said...

I love White Christmas! Nice TT topic, thanks for sharing!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Rashenbo said...

Oh yeah!! Thank you! I hate It's a Wonderful Life. Anyone who doesn't list it gets like instant brownie points from me! :)

It's a pleasure to meet you and happy TT! have a lovely Thursday.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice list! I love Home Alone - sooo funny. I think I even saw that in the theater when it first came out. My husband is a big National Lampoon fan and we always make a point of watching that one together over the holidays.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Julie in Texas said...

I love White Christmas, with a voice like Bing you can't go wrong.

The original Grinch is also a fav.

Happy TT!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

It doesn't get any better than Charlie Brown's Christmas.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve while drinking Bailey's on the rocks. It's a tradition my Jewish husband came up with.

Schmaltzy? Absolutely...but reliably so.

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

national lamppons christmas vacation. amazing movie. i can watch it 100 times and not get sick of it.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#3! my favorite!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are all great! Love your list.

Happy TT!

Mikala

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Miracle on 34th Street (the Elizabeth Perkins one). I watch it throughout the year!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Dr. Seuss!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home