Monday, August 07, 2006

This & That and Other Stuff

So, today we called "Gay Architect Bathroom Dude" (my affectionate name for our architect/contractor...before I got pissed at him anyway) and set up a meeting. It was time to sit down and figure out when this bathroom was going to be finished. It's hard to be mad at him though. We really like him. Glenn (his actual name) and I got along great. We laughed a lot together, but at some point you have to remember that this is a business relationship and that we have paid him lots of money to do our bathroom(s). Four months is waaaay too long. He of course swears that this has never happened to him before. Actually, I do believe that considering how so many of our friends went on and on about how great he is. Still, I do think that he should be keeping us updated on a regular basis on the status of all our special orders. A phone call once or twice a week would go a long way for us. Basically, almost everything that has not been finished is backordered for one reason or another. We just want our lives to go back to normal. I think he figured it out though, that we weren't happy. Hopefully, we'll see some movement on the things they can finish this week.

We went and saw "Lady in the Water" this weekend. WOW! I don't know what everyone is complaining about! We both loved it. Hubby thinks it is actually his best. I'll say second best. Maybe people are having trouble with the fact that there is no "surprise" ending like his other movies. It is very unlike his other movies, though. It's a very quiet film. Not exactly fast moving, but I think that works for the movie. It's much funnier than his other films, though I did cry at one point. It was very emotional in one scene. I won't give anything away, but I think it is just a beautiful film. I have heard complaints that people didn't buy how willing the tenants of this building were to help and not ask any questions. If you pay attention early on you know the answer to that question. Also I have heard complaints about not being able to follow the story. To that I just say, "HUH?". The entire fairytale is basically explained in the beginning with all the hieroglyphic type animation. Maybe it's too early and people haven't settled into the movie yet. I have heard the critics rip it apart and I basically think that is due to the critic character in the movie. He is hilarious! Critics need to not take themselves so seriously. The movie is basically a fairytale within a fairytale and we thought it was brilliant! I just wish I could tell him that not everyone agrees with the critics. I wish more movies had this incredible warmth and depth. Just my two cents anyway. I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

Today I went shopping for our annual trip to Atlantic City/Philadelphia/New York. We go to visit Hubby's family in Philly and then we all head to Atlantic City where they have a condo. Hubby and I sneak off for a day or two to New York while the grandparents watch the wee one. Can't wait! It'll just be nice to get away for a little while. The whole bathroom thing is stressing us out.
Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home