Monday, February 26, 2007

The Oscars

We watched the Oscars last night like we do every year. I was just catching up on the news and read some reviews on the show. I was really surprised! We really enjoyed it. We thought Ellen Degeneres did a great job. She has such a sweet way about her. The opening monologue just cracked us up. We both just adore Ellen, so maybe that's why we enjoyed it more than the critics. I admit that nothing super fun or unexpected happened, but she still did a great job. We really liked the opening documentary thing that showed all of the nominees. That was a neat idea. Everyone got seen and heard. I always kinda feel sorry for the winners of the lesser known awards. They aren't faces you see every day, so people don't really care. At least they didn't give out awards in the audience like they did last year. That was horrible and degrading! They were basically saying that they were not important enough to waste time on. One thing I really liked was how they showed the nominees for costume design. That was really cool. Usually they just show a bunch of sketches. This year they brought out about 4 models wearing the costumes on little platforms for each movie. That really gave you a much better idea of what they looked like.
Well, overall we enjoyed it! Way to go Ellen!
Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to watch it but I heard Ellen did a great job! I love her show.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home