Thursday Thirteen #21
Thirteen events in 2007
1. My daughter finally became an actual U.S. citizen this week! Though we have had her for 3 1/2 years it took this long for her to become an official citizen! Don't even get me started on the stupid bureaucratic red tape you have to go through in the first place to adopt a child from overseas then to have to deal with this crap to make her a citizen. Especially when they supposedly made it easier. HA! According to the law an adopted child "automatically" becomes a citizen when he/she touches U.S. soil. Bunch of bulls**t! Anyway YAY! Finally done now.
2. My 40th birthday in exactly a month...Ouch!
3. Going to Las Vegas for my Birthday! Yay!
4. My daughter's 5th Birthday...Why is she growing up so fast?
5. My hubby's whole family comes out for her big day
6. My father-in-law is retiring and we will have a little surprise for him when he comes out.
7. My mother-in-law has her 60th Birthday
8. Family friends I have known for most of my life come out for Easter
9. My in laws celebrate their 40th anniversary
10. I'm Matron of Honor at my friends wedding...Matron sounds so old!
11. My brother-in-law is finally getting married. Yes, to the woman I have written about before and no, things have not gotten better. I hope to try again when they come out for Luna's birthday...but getting tired of doing all of the trying.
12. Cruise!! We were supposed to go for my birthday, but we found that the government could not guarantee getting our daughter's papers in time.
13. My husband's 13th book gets published...I'm so proud of him.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants