Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #21


Thirteen events in 2007

1. My daughter finally became an actual U.S. citizen this week! Though we have had her for 3 1/2 years it took this long for her to become an official citizen! Don't even get me started on the stupid bureaucratic red tape you have to go through in the first place to adopt a child from overseas then to have to deal with this crap to make her a citizen. Especially when they supposedly made it easier. HA! According to the law an adopted child "automatically" becomes a citizen when he/she touches U.S. soil. Bunch of bulls**t! Anyway YAY! Finally done now.

2. My 40th birthday in exactly a month...Ouch!

3. Going to Las Vegas for my Birthday! Yay!

4. My daughter's 5th Birthday...Why is she growing up so fast?

5. My hubby's whole family comes out for her big day

6. My father-in-law is retiring and we will have a little surprise for him when he comes out.

7. My mother-in-law has her 60th Birthday

8. Family friends I have known for most of my life come out for Easter

9. My in laws celebrate their 40th anniversary

10. I'm Matron of Honor at my friends wedding...Matron sounds so old!

11. My brother-in-law is finally getting married. Yes, to the woman I have written about before and no, things have not gotten better. I hope to try again when they come out for Luna's birthday...but getting tired of doing all of the trying.

12. Cruise!! We were supposed to go for my birthday, but we found that the government could not guarantee getting our daughter's papers in time.

13. My husband's 13th book gets published...I'm so proud of him.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


View More Thursday Thirteen Participants


7 Comments:

Blogger Le laquet said...

Congratulations on her citizenship coming through ... seems daft though for your government to have taken this long to sort things out! Anyway at least it's through now :o) I have *counts on fingers* 3 years and 6 months until the big 40 ... Las Vegas would be good, I should start saving. Thanks for sharing your TT.

10:44 PM  
Blogger JHS said...

I got tired just reading your list! That's a lot of events.

Congrats to Luna and the whole family. What a wonderful milestone!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a relief to have the citizenship taken care of. That's wonderful news.
A cruise would have been nice for your birthday, but Vegas is great. We took the kids, and they loved it.
And yes, you are going to be very busy!
Have a Happy Thursday!
My T13 is up!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Dane Bramage said...

That is quite a list of milestones. Hopefully you can do a cruise at a later time. Thanks for stopping by my Thursday Thirteen #29. This edition has 13 Search Engine Results that led to my blog for those of you who haven't been there yet :-)

1:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice list! I liked your comment on immigration as we are presently working international adoption

10:17 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Great T13. I feel like I know you a "little bit" now.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I'm proud that Luna is finally a US citizen!! But that is really a long time to get it!!!
And you have a lot to celebrate about!! Enjoye your cruise and your LV trip!!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home