Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hello...Red light?!?

Today I had one of those things happen that just bug me to no end. I was driving to work this morning and it was really a gorgeous day. The radio DJs were being particularly entertaining and I was just enjoying my short drive. Unfortunately that did not last long. I first noticed this woman in front of me when she started driving a little erratically. You know the type...speed up...slow down...speed up...slam on brakes and on and on. It was only mildly irritating at first until we stopped at a red light. I have always disliked drifters. The ones who keep drifting into the intersection because they are convinced that the light should have changed by now. Well, she started to drift. There were no cars coming, so I guess she decided it was time. She then proceeded to continue drifting right through the red light and went on her merry way. I just sat there stunned. I've of course seen people run red lights, but she was just so blatant about it. Finally it turned green. She was out of my site over a hill and I was hoping she had turned somewhere. I quickly caught up with her though as she was going about 15 mph in a 30 mph zone. She was all over the road and then I saw it! A freakin cell phone in one hand and a coffee mug in the other. No wonder she couldn't drive. Who are these people that do this? Do they not understand the danger they are putting themselves and everyone around them in? I know I've complained about cell phone use before, but it just really bugged me today. Started my day off the on the wrong foot.
Ah well...
Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Howard said...

Ugh. Drivers. I just posted about my drive home and actually getting back at someone through non-action. It was great!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

We have these people in New Orleans in droves. They cut you off, swerve around you, or run red lights like madmen, then proceed to drive 5-10 miles under the speed limit. I have such road rage. I feel your pain!

10:13 PM  
Blogger D.R. Cootey said...

I was once behind a guy with a cellphone in one hand and cigarette in the other. I think he was driving with his knees? Simply insane.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home