Saturday, November 04, 2006

Date night and other disasters...

So, last night was date night. Luna had the day off from school so she went to the grandparents for the day and a sleepover. I've been working so hard for the last month that my sweet hubby decided I needed a night out now that everything has settled down. I was looking forward to this all week. Nothing special really, just dinner and a movie. You know some relaxing veg time. We had planned to go to "Lime" a new Mexican restaurant in town that took over the building of our old fav mex place. It was a total dive, but totally yummy and cheap. This place is decidedly more upscale, but we wanted to try it and see what they had done with the place. I left work a little early and set off. The place was PACKED solid at 5:30. It's a small place and there was a big wait, so we decided to go someplace else. We remembered a place we had seen that we wanted to try up north, so we thought what the heck we'll try it. After a 1/2 hour of driving we could not find it again! We thought we knew where it was, but we were apparently wrong. Finally we went to place that we were passing that looked like it could be good. Wrong again. After messing up my extremely easy order two times I finally just ate the chicken chimichanga they brought me even though it was so not what I ordered. I ordered quasadillas and got a burrito first and then the chimichanga. Time to give up. The waitress was surly and would forget everything we said as soon as she left the table. I normally try to be understanding with waitresses, since I've been there...it's a tough job, but this was horrible. Not even an apology...nothing. It wasn't too good either. Way too spicy for me, so I didn't even eat much of it. So, by the time we left we had missed our original movie time for the "The Prestige". I had printed out the movie times in our area and we saw that a theater down south was playing the movie we wanted in 20 minutes. I said there was no way we could make it, but Hubby was like, "WE WILL! HOLD ON!". He just didn't want my night ruined anymore than it already had been. Again...wrong! We got there in 22 minutes, but the massive line outside told us we would never get in there in time. By this time it is 8 pm, the next showing is 10 pm at a theater near our house in the mall. So we went to the mall to poke around for awhile. Sweet Hubby told me to go buy a new purse (I've been complaining about my current everyday purse for a while now) in Macy's while he shopped in the Apple store. YAY! I was still hungry since I hadn't finished my dinner, so I went and got a pretzel first. YUM! Finally got to see the movie and it was actually really good. After the night we had been having I wasn't expecting much, but I was wrong. It was great! So, after all it turned out to be a good evening. I had wanted to get to bed somewhat early and get some rest, but in the end we didn't get home until 12:30am. Oh well, I got a really nice Coach purse for my trouble, so I guess it was worth it!
Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

For COACH, yes, I'd say it was worth it. ;)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home