Sunday, September 24, 2006

Baseball, movie and stuff...

So, last night we went to the Rockies game with our friends and we beat the Braves again. Yay! The last game for us for the season. Our daughter was at her first sleepover, so Hubby and I took advantage of the free time and hit a midnight showing of "Feast". First off I haven't been to a midnight showing of anything in quite a few years. Let me just say....Wow!...I'm getting old! When I was in college I'd stay up every night until 2 or 3 in the morning and then be in my first class at 7. I never batted an eyelash! How did I do this?! It was all I could do to stay awake for the 95 min of the movie. Mind you it was a gory horror film, so this should not have been hard, but it was. Of course I did work all day yesterday and cheered my heart out for the Rockies, so by the time I hit the movie I was ready to sleep. So anyway, "Feast" was the movie made on the last season of "Project Greenlight". We've been waiting more than a year for this. Actually I think closer to two. Anyway, it was about what we expected. It was actually pretty funny. I always enjoy my horror more if it's funny. It was over the top gory for me though. The camera shots were very erratic during the action and that always makes me dizzy, so I got a little sick to my stomach. That could have been all the "Mike's Hard Lemonade" that I had at the game though ;). It was good to finally get to see the movie and see how the special effects played out. It was good for a giggle. The way they introduced the characters was really funny and unique.
I'm excited about tonight. "Desperate Housewives" premiers tonight....Yay! Even though I enjoyed last season, they did drop the ball a little. Everything I hear now though says they realized their mistake and that this season will be more like the show we fell in love with the first season.
Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home