Sunday, July 16, 2006

HOT Sunday afternoon

Okay, so I just looked at the temperature outside. It is 100.2! Apparently we broke a record today at DIA with 103. Yikes, that can't be good. It is just too hot to move today. We wasted most of the day sitting in the basement watching the Rockies game, but it even got too hot there. We then retired to our bedroom, which is the only room with air conditioning and wasted more of the day watching TV. Cooking dinner was completely out of the question. Turning on the stove is just not something I'm interested in doing today. We decided to hit Soup or Salad for dinner. A nice cold salad was just what the doctor ordered, unfortunately everyone else seemed to have the same idea that we did. It was quite crowded, but worth waiting for.
I just can't believe how lazy we were today. I had so many things planned for today, but very few of them got done. We did work on the banner for my blog, though. Do you like it? I love it! Luna, our 4 year old daughter, said it looked like me and our cat, which was the intention, but not exactly a realistic likeness. It would be more realistic if she were crocheting rather then knitting, which I don't do as often. It was originally a very brown picture, but my favorite color is blue, so we changed it to shades of blue instead. Very cool I think. I also finished crocheting a baby blanket & hat for Hubby's cousin, who just had a very cute little girl.
Not much to complain about today, except the heat and honestly I don't even have the energy for that! Maybe I'll be inspired tomorrow. Heat just takes all of the bite out of you.
Here's a little blog thing quiz I did that seemed to fit the day.
You Should Spend Your Summer in Europe

You're in to almost all forms of culture - art, music, architecture, food...
And spending a summer at the beach sounds pretty darn boring to you.
So head off to Europe, where you can have your tiramisu (and even eat it on the beach!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home