Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday Five and Hollywood Eatin'

So, today is Friday. Most people would be quite excited about that fact, but for us at the bookstore it is just Thursday. We are open on Saturdays. :( I guess I have myself to blame for that, since I am the one that set the hours. You can't have a bookstore and not be open on Saturdays. That would just be stupid.

So here's my answers to the Friday Five:

1. What about you makes you unique?
Not the slightest clue. I'll have to give it some thought.
2. What aspect of your physical appearance do you think makes you stick out from the crowd?
I'm pretty tall.
3. What do you always have with you while out in public? (for example, earrings, purse, wallet, watch, etc.)
My purse.
4. Is there anything about your body that you think isn't normal?
Does my voice count? I've been told that it is not exactly pleasant sounding.
5. What are you complimented on (looks, smarts, anything) the most? Why do you think that's the case?
I get told that I'm very funny a lot.

So here starts my general complaints area of the post. Okay, so last night we were watching "Buffy The Vampire Slayer". *Sidetrack for clarification* We usually pick a show during the summer to watch on DVD. Sometimes a new show we haven't seen and sometimes an old favorite. This year we decided it was time to revisit our favorite show. *End sidetrack* Well, we are well into the second season. Basically we were at the episode, I believe it's called "Surprise", where Buffy sleeps with Angel. Angel changes into Angelus and becomes evil again...yada, yada, yada. This is NOT a favorite storyline of mine. I don't really enjoy Angel and Buffy together. I'm more of a Spike and Buffy kinda girl. Though I do enjoy Angel's character more when he is evil. Anyway, here is my complaint. In the episode there is an inordinate amount of kissing between Angel and Buffy. Why does Hollywood insist on inserting very loud kissing/sucking noises when actors are making out? Who makes these sounds when they are kissing? I've kissed many bad kissers in my time and who knows maybe I'm bad too, but I have never come across anyone who makes those sucking wet sounds that they do on TV/movies. Growing up my father always called it "Hollywood Eatin'". I still use the term myself (actually so does he). It just seems to fit. Why is this sound necessary? Are they afraid we won't be able to tell what is going on? We won't be clued in by the faces smashed together? The heavy breathing? Maybe the guy is just looking for her contact lens or her earing in her mouth or up her nose. They always say that they make it as romantic as can be. That they want it to be like our dreams of how sex should be. I don't know about you, but I have no desire to make that sound when I am kissing my husband. So, where do they get the sounds for that anyway? The actors don't make the sounds, they are put in later. Do they use a little wet plunger on a tile floor? What about squeezing a really wet sponge? Oh, I know! Wet sneakers on a linoleum floor! Maybe they just get an actor and tell him/her to make the most disgusting sound that they can with their mouth. Everytime that comes on I tend to mute the TV. There was a lot of muting last night. I just don't understand the need to do this. Who made this rule anyway? Some shows are worse than others. I don't mind them kissing or doing the nasty, but we do not need sound effects!
Sorry, just needed to vent. I'm pissed about the chocolate cake. When we came in this morning there was just enough for Sarah and I to split and get a little piece each. We decided to wait an hour or two. Later Sarah went to get her piece and found that someone had cut that piece and left a tiny piece behind. She thought it had been me. Obviously, it was not. Someone from downstairs (the people who originally thought it was in the way) decided they wanted a piece. In the end Sarah shared hers with me, but we did not end up with the piece that we were depending on. I guess now that the cake is gone I'll finally be able to get some work done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home